Lay witnesses may be critical to the success or failure of your claim for disability benefits. As a result, you will want to work closely with a Tampa Social Security disability attorney to help vet your supporting witnesses and prepare them for trial.
Some sample questions that your Tampa Social Security disability attorney may ask include:
- Walking. Relevant questions may ask about whether the witness observed any difficulty walking. An effective witness can describe the disability in a colorful way such as describing how many blocks someone can walk and the number of rests that the individual needs.
- Arms and Hands. Some questions that a Tampa Social Security disability attorney can help you prepare for include whether the claimant has trouble holding onto objects and how often the claimant drops things.
- Pain. Relevant questions can address how much of the time the claimant is in pain and how the witness knows about the pain.
- Fatigue. A Tampa Social Security disability law office will be interested to know if the claimant gets worn out easily and examples of activities that tire out the claimant.
- Mental/Emotional. Some relevant questions can include whether the witnesses noticed any mental or emotional changes in the claimant such as depression, crying spells, panic attacks, social withdrawal, problems with memory, attention span or concentration.
Contact a Tampa Social Security Disability Law Office
If you have any questions about a disability hearing and preparing your witnesses, contact Tampa Social Security disability attorney Garry Miracle at (813) 655-3136.